Catherine Harding has revealed she nearly pulled out of the second series of Married To The Game.
The fiancée of Arsenal star Jorginho, who shares a child with actor Jude Law, admitted she wasn’t sure she would return for another run of the Prime Video show.
The fly-on-the-wall series, which premiered in February 2024, follows the partners of some of the best Premier League footballers, shedding light on their lives beyond the pitch.
The programme is returning to screens on April 8, but singer Cat nearly didn’t return because she wanted to focus on planning her wedding to Jorginho, 33, after getting engaged last year.
‘I was actually considering not doing the second series, because I just felt like I didn’t have that much going on,’ she shared.
‘I’m so focused on planning my wedding later this year, and focused on my family, and I felt like people would think that was really boring.’
Catherine Harding, the fiancée of Arsenal star Jorginho, has revealed she nearly pulled out of the second series of Married To The Game
However, The Voice star revealed she was won over by producers insisting that viewers would be interested in following her wedding planning journey.
‘I went with it, and I’m really glad I did it. I opened up more this time, especially with my personal life and home life,’ she went on.
‘Hopefully we do come across exactly how we are at home, how we are as a family, and I think it felt more natural having done it before.’
Cat discussed the trials of wedding planning as she revealed they had to change the date at short notice, which was ‘stressful’ given their guests were coming from all around the world.
‘We’ve got a wedding planner, so that takes a lot of the stress out. I need the wedding planner because J has no interest in organising anything,’ she quipped.
‘He says, ”I asked you to marry me, I’ve done my bit, now you get on with it.” Every time I try and have a conversation with him about it he’s like, ”Why are you asking me to choose between this colour and that colour, when you’re just going to go with what you want anyway, like you do every single time?”
‘I tell him I want to hear his opinion and for him to have some input but he says I’m not interested in his opinion so he’s going to stay out of it!
‘And he says he trusts me to do the right thing. I just never realised how many things there are to do, but we’ll get there in the end.’
The fly-on-the-wall series follows the partners of some of the best Premier League footballers, shedding light on their lives beyond the pitch (Cat and Jorginho are pictured)
Cat also discussed the reception to the first series, revealing she was overwhelmed with the positive reaction from her loved ones as well as fans.
‘I’m not sure if my family and friends were just being nice to me but they said they loved it,’ she said.
‘Everybody that knows us was like, ”You came across exactly as you are as a couple, and how it is when we’re in your house”, which was so nice.’
Her return to TV screens comes after Cat was rocked by claims that she confronted a woman in a late night doorstep showdown over Jorginho.
In December, it was reported that Cat had turned up at the £3million London home of Vanessa Sandora and demanded to know her history with the Arsenal player.
In a video obtained by The Sun, which was captured on Vanessa’s Ring doorbell, Cat was seen outside the property after allegedly turning up unannounced at 11.30pm.
Speaking to the publication about the altercation, beautician Vanessa, 39, told how she initially felt ‘terrified’ after hearing someone bang on her that late at night.
It was claimed Cat – who appeared on the 2020 edition of The Voice UK under the name Cat Cavelli – revealed herself to be Jorginho’s fiancée and asked to be let inside.
Singer Cat nearly didn’t return for series two because she wanted to focus on planning her wedding to Jorginho, 33, after getting engaged last year (pictured)
Her return to TV screens comes after it emerged that Cat reportedly confronted a woman in a late night doorstep showdown over Jorginho (he is pictured playing for Arsenal in April 2024)
Read MoreBREAKING NEWS Arsenal ‘hold talks with Bayern Munich superstar’ after Germans brutally WITHDREW new contract offer
She said: ‘I was terrified about who was knocking on my door unannounced so late at night. I used my Ring doorbell to see it was a woman I did not know. She said via the intercom, ‘I’m Jorginho’s fiancée, can you let me in?’.
The Sun claimed Vanessa had met the Brazilian midfielder, 33, ‘three times’ several years ago, with one encounter being at an Italian restaurant, Stecca, in West London.
Vanessa detailed how she had began receiving phone calls from an unknown number, which she claimed she discovered was Catherine, who then allegedly drove to her house when her calls went unanswered.
The beautician said she informed Catherine of her past meet-ups with Jorginho, before adding that he’s ‘not really my type’ and that she was left ‘unfazed’ by their meetings as she was not ‘into football’.
Vanessa allegedly deleted the sportsman from her social media in 2022, with Vanessa noting that she ‘thought that was the end of it’ until the recent confrontation.
It is claimed that Vanessa’s ex-boyfriend was the one who contacted Catherine to tell her of the pair’s past meetings in order to ’cause trouble’.
Insisting that she had no intention of getting involved with the footballer, Vanessa added: ‘I’m not a floozy. I told her I’m not interested in her bloke. But since then she’s been messaging me and won’t let it lie. She needs to move on and leave me out of her life.’
MailOnline contacted representatives of Jorginho and Catherine for comment at the time.
Cat has a daughter named Ada, nine, with her ex Jude Law as well as son Jax, four, with Jorginho, whose full name is Jorge Luiz Frello Filho Cavaliere OMRI.