Showbiz

Charlotte Crosby breaks her silence on In The Style pay row as she hits out at the company – after Jacqueline Jossa demanded to be ‘paid what she’s owed’ as retailer ‘faces administration’

Charlotte Crosby breaks her silence on In The Style pay row as she hits out at the company – after Jacqueline Jossa demanded to be ‘paid what she’s owed’ as retailer ‘faces administration’

Charlotte Crosby has broken her silence on the In The Style pay row as she hit out at the company in a new Instagram post on Thursday.

The Geordie Shore star, 34, has thrown her supporting behind celebrities including Jacqueline Jossa who has claimed they haven’t been paid what they are owed by the fashion retailer.

The EastEnders star, 32, has reportedly consulted her lawyers over an unpaid ‘five-figure sum’ amid her collaboration with the fashion brand.

The fashion company was founded by Adam Frisby in 2013, but was acquired by UK-based private equity firm Baaj Capital for £1.2million in March 2023. Ben Armstrong, became managing director in December 2023 when Frisby stepped down from his position, but he has since left the business.

And Charlotte, who herself has a collection with In The Style, said on Thursday: ‘I’ve stayed pretty quiet on this for a long time. 

‘But having witnessed first hand the mental toll leaving In The Style had on Adam and Jamie, and the way their voices were silenced, we are finally seeing the truth come to light through countless stories of people not being paid and being treated unfairly – staff, suppliers, influencers – everyone is starting to see it for what it is.

Charlotte Crosby has broken her silence on the In The Style pay row as she hit out at the company in a new Instagram post on Thursday

Charlotte Crosby has broken her silence on the In The Style pay row as she hit out at the company in a new Instagram post on Thursday

The Geordie Shore star, 34, has thrown her supporting behind celebrities including Jacqueline Jossa (seen) who has claimed they haven't been paid what they are owed by the fashion retailer

The Geordie Shore star, 34, has thrown her supporting behind celebrities including Jacqueline Jossa (seen) who has claimed they haven’t been paid what they are owed by the fashion retailer 

‘That business was something special for ten years, built on incredible values, and it’s heartbreaking to watch all of this unfold.

‘But it’s about time the truth is exposed for everyone to see.

‘People shouldn’t be allowed to get away with this!’

Earlier on Thursday Jacqueline publicly hit out at In The Style and demanded to be ‘paid what she is owed’ after ‘bringing in lawyers as the fashion retailer faces administration’.

Back in 2020, Jacqueline signed with the online fashion brand in a deal thought to be worth £1million.

However, things have taken a dramatic turn as the actress has been forced to address the brand directly on social media after claiming she ‘can’t get a response from anyone at the company’. 

Taking to her Instagram stories on Thursday, Jacqueline wrote: ‘After four glorious years working with In The Style, I never thought my time with the brand would end this way, but in truth since I or my team can’t get a response from anyone at the company, the decision has been made for me.

‘My name and image is still being used all over the website, helping the brand to sell stock, yet I haven’t been paid for months.’

And Charlotte, who herself has a collection with In The Style, said on Thursday: 'I've stayed pretty quiet on this for a long time...'

And Charlotte, who herself has a collection with In The Style, said on Thursday: ‘I’ve stayed pretty quiet on this for a long time…’

She added in her post: 'We are finally seeing the truth come to light through countless stories of people not being paid and being treated unfairly'

She added in her post: ‘We are finally seeing the truth come to light through countless stories of people not being paid and being treated unfairly’

She continued: ‘I see them signing up new faces and continuing to launch new collections and I feel it’s my responsibility to let the new girls know that their contract is unlikely to be honoured and they are unlikely to be paid.

‘After I threatened to speak out, last week, the MD requested a call with me during one of the businesses weeks of my career for EE live and had the disrespect to not show up leaving me and my team on the call for 20 mins before we logged off. He has since not responded to any emails.’

Jacqueline explained she has never publicly spoken out about any brand she has worked with but ‘at this point I can no longer protect a brand that’s disrespecting’ her and ‘all the other girls that have not been paid’.

She pleaded: ‘All I wanted to do was part amicably and be paid what I’m owed. Please feel free to DM me if you are affected by the same mistreatment. In the meantime girls, I urge you to think twice before shopping there!

‘As you probably are aware I haven’t posted about them since before Christmas, they are still using my images and selling my collections.. no idea where the money is going but it’s all very odd.’

A company can be put into administration if it’s in debt and can’t pay the money it owes. A limited company can then be liquidated if it cannot pay its debts. The people or organisations a company owes money to can apply to the court to get their debts paid.

The soap star went on to thank previous CEO Adam Frisby, who stepped down from the role in December 2023, as well as his partner Jamie Corbett who was also involved in the company.

She wrote: ‘But to end on a slightly better note, thank you Adam and Jamie for starting this journey, when you were involved it was a blast and we have 4 incredible years.

‘@ft15by thank you for the memories and incredible experiences. Sorry this had to happen to your beautiful business I’m truly gutted for everyone. 

‘I had such an incredible time working for In The Style when Adam and Jamie were involved, we went on trips together, did incredible things it really was a dream come true.

Back in 2020, Jacqueline signed with the online fashion brand in a deal thought to be worth £1million

Back in 2020, Jacqueline signed with the online fashion brand in a deal thought to be worth £1million 

However, things have taken a dramatic turn as the actress has been forced to address the brand directly on social media after claiming she 'can't get a response from anyone'

However, things have taken a dramatic turn as the actress has been forced to address the brand directly on social media after claiming she ‘can’t get a response from anyone’

Taking to her Instagram stories on Thursday, she wrote: 'After four glorious years working with In The Style, I never thought my time with the brand would end this way' The soap star went on to thank previous CEO Adam Frisby, who stepped down from the role in December 2023

Taking to her Instagram stories on Thursday, she wrote: ‘After four glorious years working with In The Style, I never thought my time with the brand would end this way’

She finished the series of posts by urging the In The Style team to contact her and 'pay what she is owed'

She finished the series of posts by urging the In The Style team to contact her and ‘pay what she is owed’

Read More Eastender’s Jacqueline Jossa breaks silence on ‘knicker sniff’ scene during live episode article image

‘I also really want to thank the whole team (most of which aren’t there anymore) you know who you are.’

She finished off the series of posts by urging the In The Style team to contact her and ‘pay what she is owed’.

The star quipped: ‘If anyone from the In The Style team would like to reply to my agents that would be great. Like Ben, Matt, Chris, Phoebe if anyone has the decency to reply, or better yet pay me what I am owed! Cheers.’ 

MailOnline have contacted representatives of In The Style for comment. 

Jacqueline’s Instagram is full of snaps of her promoting her various clothing collections with the brand, which are still on sale on their website. 

However, things have now soured as Jacqueline is said to be seeking legal action against the company.

A source told The Sun earlier this month: ‘The company has been accused of failing to pay fees to talent for many months. Some threatened legal action and managed to get paid some of what they were owed. 

‘Others were trying to get money owed to them but now the fear is that if they do go into administration it will become extremely difficult.

Jacqueline's collections are still for sale on the website

Jacqueline’s collections are still for sale on the website 

And Jac is not the only one to speak out, with influencer Carys Louise Brandon making a similar claim

And Jac is not the only one to speak out, with influencer Carys Louise Brandon making a similar claim

Jacqueline is said to be seeking legal action against the company

Jacqueline is said to be seeking legal action against the company

Jacqueline pictured with founder Adam Frisby, who is no longer involved in the company

Jacqueline pictured with founder Adam Frisby, who is no longer involved in the company

Ben Armstrong, became managing director in December 2023 when Adam Frisby stepped down from his position but has since left the business

Ben Armstrong, became managing director in December 2023 when Adam Frisby stepped down from his position but has since left the business

‘Jacqueline is owed tens of thousands of pounds, certainly a five figure sum, so she’s consulting lawyers over what steps to take. What’s infuriating is they’re still selling clothes online including from Jacqueline’s collection.’

The publication notes that Jaqueline earned commission based on the success of sales from her collections.

The company was founded by Adam Frisby in 2013 but he is no longer involved in the business.

In The Style is said to be on the brink of insolvency and have apparently brought in FTS Recovery to act as administrator, according to Sky News.

A source suggested that ‘a pre-pack insolvency potentially involving Baaj Capital’ could be a possible outcome.

The fast-fashion retailer, which was once thought to be worth £100million and has collaborated with big names including Stacey Solomon, Dani Dyer and Charlotte Crosby, has seen its financial performance decline in recent years.

And Jac is not the only one to speak out, with influencer Carys Louise Brandon also making a similar claim.

She posted on her Instagram story accusing the brand of not paying her as well as ‘lying, deceiving, and taking advantage of the fact I am a small creator’.

Carys, who has 180,000 followers, wrote on her Instagram story: ‘They have been given chance after chance to even just respond to me but the finance team are not just totally ignoring me.’

Despite the company woes, Strictly dancer Dianne Buswell is the latest celeb signing for the brand, launching her first capsule collection at the end of January.  

The publication notes that Jaqueline earned commission based on the success of sales from her collections

The publication notes that Jaqueline earned commission based on the success of sales from her collections 

Meanwhile, Jacqueline’s legal woes come days after she spoke out about split rumours with her husband Dan Osbourne and revealed how her home burglary changed her life.

The soap star and her husband of eight-years, who share daughters Ella, nine, Mia, five, with, are ‘still very much together’ and have no plans to separate.

The couple’s relationship has been plagued by accusations of infidelity and in 2018, Dan, 33, was linked to Gabby Allen, who recently returned to the Love Island villa for All Stars, after they were spotted getting close on a yacht in Marbella.

Speaking to The Sun, Jacqueline, who stars as Lauren Branning in the BBC soap, confessed her frustration as she said ‘people think they know more about her life than she does’.

‘They were saying: ‘Jacqueline didn’t spend Christmas with Daniel.’ But all I have to do is post pictures of us together with Christmas hats on. We lie in bed next to each other, laughing and reading stuff online about us.’

Jacqueline added that the speculation is ‘ridiculous’ but she understands that it comes with being in the public eye.

The actress also revealed that was left shaken last August when masked thieves broke into the Marbella villa she and Dan were staying in at the time.

The criminals made off with £20,000 worth of possessions, including her diamond engagement ring.

Jacqueline's legal woes came days after she spoke about split rumours with her husband Dan Osbourne and revealed how her home burglary changed her life

Jacqueline’s legal woes came days after she spoke about split rumours with her husband Dan Osbourne and revealed how her home burglary changed her life 

Jacqueline said the experience has changed her for the better because it ‘put things into perspective’ and she knows the situation could have been a lot worse.

Jacqueline has been reportedly ‘shocked and hurt’ at rumours she and Dan have split following the sale of their ‘forever home’.

The Sun reported that the couple have accepted a sale on their £2M property in EsSєx after months on the market.

A source said: ‘Jacqueline and Dan are both shocked, hurt and upset about the rumours of a split. Yes, it’s true they are selling their house, but that doesn’t mean they’re not together.

‘They’re busy juggling day-to-day family and work life like most parents across the country. This week alone they’ve been inundated with questions about the state of their marriage.

Before adding: ‘People are obviously talking about the property changes going on in their lives, but they’re still very much together’

MailOnline contacted Jacqueline and Dan’s reps for comment at the time.

Related Posts

Teddi Mellencamp reaches major milestone in her cancer battle as ex Edwin reveals where they stand

Teddi Mellencamp reaches major milestone in her cancer battle as ex Edwin reveals where they stand

Teddi Mellencamp used Instagram Stories to announce her final day of radiation amid her ongoing cancer battle. The 43-year-old reality TV personality — who is preparing her children…

George Clooney looks unrecognizable in Broadway play amid Hollywood’s ‘midlife crisis’ hair craze

George Clooney looks unrecognizable in Broadway play amid Hollywood’s ‘midlife crisis’ hair craze

George Clooney looked nearly unrecognizable while making his Broadway debut in  Good Night, And Good Luck, which officially opened on Thursday. The former silver fox, who dyed his hair…

Olivia Munn blasts ‘gluttonous’ all-female Blue Origin space mission ahead of launch

Olivia Munn blasts ‘gluttonous’ all-female Blue Origin space mission ahead of launch

Olivia Munn has slammed the upcoming Blue Origin space mission with an all-female crew as ‘gluttonous’ ahead of the launch later this month on April 14. The Predator actress,…

Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood reveals shock salary for billion-dollar franchise

Lord of the Rings star Elijah Wood reveals shock salary for billion-dollar franchise

Elijah Wood of Lord of the Rings fame, has hinted at how little he was paid for his role in the billion-dollar franchise. The 44-year-old actor — who…

Chilling new details emerge in the drug death of Corey Feldman’s drummer

Chilling new details emerge in the drug death of Corey Feldman’s drummer

It turns out Corey Feldman was right all along about the tragic death of one of his former drummers – Duke Gadd – after the late musician’s family…

Glen Powell reunites with Top Gun co-star Tom Cruise amid ongoing Sydney Sweeney rumors

Glen Powell reunites with Top Gun co-star Tom Cruise amid ongoing Sydney Sweeney rumors

Glen Powell and Tom Cruise, who starred together in 2022’s Top Gun, reunited on Thursday at CinemaCon. The 36-year-old Anyone But You actor — who recently fueled Sydney…